About this job : Senior IT technician / Junior systems administrator
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in recruitment for IT professions, we intervene
on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent. We cover open positions in IT, development, business intelligence and infrastructure professions.
We are currently looking for a senior IT technician or a junior system Administrator for one of our clients located in the old port of Montreal.
• Assist users on different sites and resolve their problems or service requests by providing excellent customer service;
• Diagnose emergencies if necessary;
• Manage request priorities;
• Document incidents and service requests;
• Collaborate in the development of IT projects for global operations;
• Maintain and update documentation;
• Carry out routine, safety and quality checks and maintain records thereof.
• If necessary, liaise with a third party and IT equipment suppliers;
• Assist in the preparation, maintenance and upgrade procedures of the IT equipment;
• Perform any other related tasks that may help in the completion of projects
▪Have university training in computer science, network installation and administration or networking;
▪ 5 years of experience in a service desk position.
▪ Ability to innovate.
▪ Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly and effectively
▪ Knowledge of laptops, desktops, Windows 11
▪ Punctually respond to emergencies outside normal working hours;
▪ Strong interrelational skills, both verbal and written, in French and English
Knowledge and skills required:
▪ Windows 7/8/10/11;
▪ Office 365 and Exchange administration;
▪ Knowledge of the Office suite, Teams, OneDrive;
▪ Knowledge of mobile and IP telephony;
▪ Active Directory, GPO, GPP;
▪ VMWare, VEEAM;
▪ Windows Server 2012. 2012R2, 2016, 2019 considered an asset.
▪ Network knowledge: LAN, WAN, VPN, DHCP, DNS, VLAN is an asset.