About this job : Senior Systems Administrator
I'm Clémence, recruitment and business development consultant at FED IT, a recruitment agency specializing in IT professions.
I work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your universe. We cover IT, development, decision-making, and infrastructure.
I am looking for a Senior System Administrator for one of our customers in the West Island of Montreal. This is a permanent position, in hybrid mode (4 days a week on site and one day teleworking).
The Senior Administrator - Network and Telecommunications is an experienced expert who plays a key role in the delivery of IT services. They are responsible for maintaining and upgrading server switches, devices, firewalls and all complementary platforms. He/she brings to the fore advanced technical knowledge and the ability to supervise the experts around him/her.
Your tasks will include:
- Evaluate and analyze operational requirements, the technological environment and technology choices in order to determine alternative solutions corresponding to operational needs.
- Contribute to the design, configuration and deployment of wireless networks for the company.
- Participate in projects to improve and deploy new technologies.
- Ensure the evolution of platforms and the updating of environments.
- Monitor emerging infrastructure technologies
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Supervision of operations team
- College diploma (DEC) in computer science;
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a systems administrator
- Experience with VMware and Hyper-V virtualization
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Networking skills (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, VPN, etc.);
- Server administration skills (Windows Server, SQL Server, Linux);
- Comfortable managing Office 365 and Exchange 365 products.
- Backup technologies: CommVault, an asset