About this job : Level 1 Support Technician
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in recruitment for IT professions,
We operate on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your universe. We cover open positions in IT, development, decision-making and infrastructure
We are currently looking for a computer technician for our client located in Saint-Damase. The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing excellent customer service and IT support to users, as well as providing maintenance and support for IT equipment.
• Create and manage user accounts (Windows, Unix, telephony);
• Deploy and maintain the updates of the various products;
• Participate and provide on-site support to network, server, and workstation projects. ;
• Provide remote and on-site support to users;
• Provide after-hours support as needed;
• Manage installations, deployments, configuration, and upgrades of IT equipment and software;
• Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair computer systems and equipment (desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, access points, etc.);
• Promote and participate in the implementation of best practices in computer security;
• Participate in network, server, and/or workstation projects;
• Document all activities as required by internal processes and procedures;
• Maintain inventory of computer equipment on site.
• Hold a college diploma in computer science;
• Possess Minimum 2 years in a similar position.
• Possess a good knowledge of desktop and laptop computers, printer drivers and basic application support;
• Master operating systems and standard enterprise software;
• Master the Microsoft Office 365 suite and Microsoft Active Directory;
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol;
• Strong customer service and communication skills;
• Good sense of autonomy and teamwork and a good ability to meet tight deadlines;
• Have a keen sense of organization and priorities and good problem-solving skills;
• Ability to lift heavy loads and perform physical labor as required;
• Holding an MCSA or VCP certification will be considered an asset;
• Possessing knowledge of VoIP and Octopus will be considered an asset;
• Have an intermediate level of English.