About this job : Storage - Systems Administrator
FED IT, a recruitment agency specializing in IT recruitment.
We intervene on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and work in your environment. We cover the IT, development, business intelligence and infrastructure professions.
We are currently looking for a system administrator specialized in storage for one of our clients in Montreal, a major player in the field of education. This is a permanent position. The salary offered varies according to experience and level of education ($70,000 to $90,000).
Your duties will be:
* Manage all stages of the equipment life cycle under your responsibility: install, configure, upgrade, migrate, enhance environments, and retire operating systems and infrastructure software under your responsibility
* Develop the various procedures required to operate the facilities under your responsibility and supervise the resulting operations
* Act as an advisor in all matters concerning the use, operation and control of computer resources available in these environments
* Prepare and transmit the necessary directives to the team of technicians for the management of the equipment
* Be responsible for the creation of environments, change management, and production support
* Keep a constant watch on technologies related to his function
* Write reports, manuals and other documents required for the documentation of systems and provide statistics on the use and evolution of the load of the various services under your responsibility
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in computer science or any other training deemed equivalent
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in managing on-premise storage environments in a complex, multi-site technology environment
* Demonstrated expertise in NAS administration (preferably Dell Isilon)
* Proven track record in SAN administration - FC switches and storage (preferably IBM Storwize family, IBM SVC, IBM DS5000, Cisco MDS 9000)
* Very good knowledge of backup systems (preferably IBM TSM). Good knowledge of IP communications networks
* Very good understanding of virtualization (preferably VMware) and operating systems (Windows and Linux)
The company offers a competitive salary, advantageous benefits (group insurance, retirement savings, discounts), flexible working conditions and 4 weeks of vacations.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find all our offers on www.fedit.ca
Only the candidates whose applications have been selected will be contacted.