About this job : Senior Data Engineer ( 100 % remote work )
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in IT job recruitment,
We work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your universe.
Do not hesitate to follow our company page to discover all our open positions in the IT, development, decision-making and infrastructure fields.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work for our client, a technology driven company.
* Complete data processing so that reports are understood, analyzed and used wisely by the end user
* Be proactive and efficient in developing the road map
* Be proactive and constantly push code into production
* Writing viable and reusable programs
* Revision of UML diagrams and documentation
* Be accountable for code quality by conducting adequate testing
* Responsible of the performance, reliability, scalability and resilience of at least one technical component owned by the squad
* Solve complex technical problems and mentor/support other technical staff on data modeling and ETL related issues
* Knowledge sharing and coaching
* Participate in the integration of new Data Engineers
* Share knowledge of technical design with junior developers so that they can participate in document writing
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Master's degree an asset
* At least 5 years in Functional Programming and/or Object-Oriented
* At least 3 years writing SQL queries as well as using Apache Spark
* Excellent knowledge of Python programming and its libraries
* Wide knowledge in data modeling and an advanced comprehension of its architecture
* Extremely comfortable with relational databases and NoSQL databases
* Ability to use DevOps tools
* Proficiency with cloud resources like Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud etc. Certification would be an asset.
* Knowledge of big data technology an asset
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Proeficient in Git
* Bilingual written and spoken English and French
* Highly analytical and detail oriented
* Ability to lead and mentor junior
* Team player with a high sense of accountability and ownership
* Actor of change
* Ability to thrive in a high pressured and being on point with technology