About this job : Network and infrastructure administrator
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in recruitment for IT professions,
We operate on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your universe.
We cover open positions in IT, development, decision-making and
We are currently looking for a network and infrastructure administrator for one of our clients located in the West Island.
• Manage the LAN, WAN, and Internet networks, as well as the telephone network, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in order to ensure the monitoring of incidents, use, and availability.
• Provide support and maintenance services for existing network devices, Cisco routers, and switches, across all sites.
• Participate in ongoing network improvements and submit recommendations to this effect, paying close attention to network security, performance, and availability.
• Assist in the management and monitoring of firewall and other security software
• Participate in all or parts of various network projects such as network configuration in new offices; upgrading network equipment.
• Provide timely assistance to staff to resolve various network issues.
• Produce reports for various indicators: performance, availability, and use;
• Provide support during performance testing and benchmarking activities related to applications;
• Participate in the continuous improvement of processes and standards already in place;
• Ensure that network infrastructure documents and diagrams are accurate and complete;
• Make recommendations for new concepts and for improving the current network infrastructure with respect to performance, availability, and security;
• Know the wiring principles for telecommunications boxes and supports.
• On-call, provide network support and change management outside of business hours.
• Comply with incident management and change management procedures;
• Participate in all or part of the management of cloud-based services (Office 365, MDM, etc.)
• Manage project time accurately in accordance with mandates;
• Support the Help Desk team in troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues.
• All other related tasks related to the position
• 5 years of experience with large corporate networks;
• Experience developing business cases and providing estimates.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer engineering, software or related discipline
• CISCO CCNA
• Excellent knowledge of program scripts
• Excellent knowledge of network protocols (All OSI layers)
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office tools
• Knowledge of network management, network availability, and capacity management.
• Problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Data center environment, Nexus, Checkpoint
• Cisco Wi-Fi networks, including Cisco Prime, WLC, AP, ACS, ISE, and all related technologies.
• Knowledge of cloud solutions (Azure / AWS)
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills