About this job : Manager of Software Development (Full Remote)
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in IT job recruitment,
We work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your universe.
Do not hesitate to follow our company page to discover all our open positions in the IT, development, decision-making and infrastructure fields.
We are currently looking for a Manager of Software Development to work for our client, a technology driven company. It is a full remote position and the Head office is in Montreal .
* Manage application development teams within the complete development cycle
* Mobilize, motivate and mentor a high-class team of Tech Leads and bring them to a higher level
* Work closely with the development teams to architect and implement high class technical designs and approaches
* Ensure technical and quality standards are respected and reinforced throughout the software development lifecycle
* Use an Agile/Scrum methodology to optimize the way of working and guide the team
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
* Integrate new team members
* Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* At least 5 years in team management delivering complex applications including 3 years using Agile
* At least 3 years with software development best practices, including coding standards and code reviews
* At least 2 years working in a service-oriented architecture
* Being comfortable with project management principles, PMP certificate an asset
* Experience with source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Knowledge of relational (SQL) and nonrelational databases ( NoSQL), web technologies and web analytics tools
* Experience with AWS, Google Cloud Platform
* Knowledge of a large range of modern programming languages including PHP, Node.js, Java, ReactJS/React-Native, Objective-C and Swift
* Being highly analytical as well as solutions and detail oriented
* Ability to vulgarize complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
* Strong leadership, strong project and time management skills
* Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
* Strong business skills
* Team player with solid interpersonal skills
* Bilingualism is a great asset (French/English)