About this job : HELPDESK SUPERVISOR
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in recruitment for IT jobs, we work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent. All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your world. We cover the IT, development, decision-making and infrastructure professions.
We are looking for a Helpdesk Supervisor for one of our clients, a leader in the logistics and transport sector. This is a permanent position, with a salary between $ 75,000 and $ 85,000 depending on experience, possibility of remote, dynamic environment, high growth with the possibility of internal development. His/her role will be to supervise all technical support staff and to ensure that users receive the appropriate assistance.
Your missions :
- Analyze the performance of the IT support team activities (4 level 1 and 2 technicians), review documented resolutions, identify problem areas, design and provide solutions to improve service quality as well as prevent future problems
- Plan and evaluate the performance of IT support staff
- Plan software deployment projects
- Manage the handling of inbound telephone and email support calls to ensure courteous, timely and efficient problem resolution
- DEC in computer science, information science or related field
- 3 to 5 years experience working in an equivalent position
- Experience with Citrix XenApp, AD and Microsoft Windows desktop applications
- Good interpersonal and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and guide staff members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
The company offers you a competitive salary, benefits (group insurance, retirement savings), corporate discounts and continuing education.
You can contact me at email@example.com, or at 581-984-4920.
Find all of our offers on www.fedit.ca
Vous pouvez me contactez sur firstname.lastname@example.org, ou au 581-984-4920.
Retrouvez l'ensemble de nos offres sur www.fedit.ca
Le masculin est utilisé pour alléger le texte, et ce, sans préjudice pour la forme féminine.
Seules les personnes dont les candidatures ont été retenues seront contactées.