About this job : Helpdesk Director
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in IT recruitment. We intervene on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent. All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and work in your world. We cover the IT, development, decision support and infrastructure professions.
We are looking for a Helpdesk Director for one of our clients. This is a permanent position, salary between $130,000 and $150,000 depending on experience. This position is available in a hybrid format.
Reporting to the CIO in Toronto, your main duties and responsibilities, with a team of 25 people including 2 managers will be to:
* Act as the primary IT contact and ultimately resolve technology issues for the Montreal office
* Collaborate with the CIO to ensure that existing operational budgets are controlled, managed and monitored, and participate in the planning cycle to develop the budget for the upcoming year
* Develop and implement IT policies and procedures required for end-user services, including those related to desktop and AV engineering and support, as well as departmental standards, purchasing and procurement
* Lead the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all end-user computing systems including desktop related technologies (SCCM, Intune, Citrix, etc.)
* Assume overall management responsibility for telephony, AV, mobility, remote access and all desktop and laptop operating systems, etc.
* Develop and maintain firm-wide service level agreements (SLAs) for the technical support center and desktop support
* Ensure that the end user IT services team achieves the agreed upon level of service quality when handling each incident, issue or request
* Direct IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling and career advancement
* Establish and maintain regular written and face-to-face communications with senior management, department heads and organizational end users regarding relevant IT operations
* Manage and advise direct reports and support team management across offices
* Travel between offices to be expected, particularly between Toronto and Montreal
* At least five (5) years of senior management experience in a position managing a team of at least 20 people
* Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and/or related equivalent work experience
* Extensive technical knowledge of desktop and laptop computers, server operating systems and personal computers
* Experience in making presentations to senior management
* Ability to plan, implement and support transformation initiatives and deliver projects on time and on budget
* Experience leading IT operations and knowledge of applicable data privacy practices, as well as system security and related laws regarding technology infrastructure
* Bilingualism in written and spoken French and English
Only those candidates whose applications have been retained will be contacted.
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find all our offers on www.fedit.ca