About this job : BI Developer
Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in IT job recruitment,
We work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent.
All our consultants are IT experts who speak your language and evolve in your universe.
Do not hesitate to follow our company page to discover all our open positions in the IT, development, decision-making and infrastructure fields.
We are currently looking for a BI Developer in hybrid mode for a growing retail business located on the North Shore of Montreal.
* Participate in business analysis activities to meet reporting, Build-Extract (ETL) package and dashboard requirements.
* Understand key performance indicators for performance, reporting and analysis of all major data sources and business functions.
* Translate business needs into specifications that will be used to produce required reports, build-and-fetch packages and dashboards created from multiple data sources.
* Provide support as needed to ensure the availability and performance of BI solutions developed for users in-store and at head office.
* Provide technical assistance and training to other team members.
* Provide training and assistance to users for the production of special reports.
* Develop and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
* Perform technical troubleshooting and code debugging.
* Communicates regularly with programmers and system administrators to ensure database integrity, security, and optimized performance at the application and database level.
* Identify, communicate and resolve data quality and reconciliation issues.
* Develop and enforce standards and procedures for data storage and retrieval.
* 2-3 years of experience administering SQL Server 2008-2016: security, backup, restore, replication, version upgrades
* 2-3 years of experience in designing, developing and deploying SQL Server 2008-2016 databases: tables, views, functions, complex stored procedures, XML
* 2-3 years of design, development and deployment experience with SQL Server 2008-2016 Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
* 2-3 years of experience developing Microsoft tools like Visual Studio 2008+ for BI projects and other C#/Web application development
* Experience with a Team Foundation Server version management tool
* Ability to create efficient and professional SSRS parameterized reports that include tables, matrices, tables and sub-reports using key indicators. Knowledge for
* In-depth knowledge of the use of SSIS, more specifically the creation of constitutive-extraction software packages that process data in warehouses and data cubes
* In-depth knowledge of dimension and fact table creation, including configuration and data processing
* Experience writing Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) queries or Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) queries
* Experience developing and deploying big data solutions
* Experience with Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service
* Experience with cloud data sources like Google, Salesforce
* Experience in predictive and advanced analytics is an asset, including R, Azure Machine Learning
* Excellent communication skills
* Bilingualism (English, French)