About this job : Senior Network Administrator / Senior Network Designer
Hello, I am Earvin, Senior Recruitment and Business Development Advisor at Fed IT, a recruitment firm specializing in IT recruitment. I work on two types of recruitment: temporary and permanent in the Greater Montreal region.
Our team, of IT experts, speaks your language and operate in your world.
We cover IT, development, business intelligence, and infrastructure professions.
Today I am looking for a senior network administrator/network designer for one of my great clients, in the east of Montreal. The position is permanent and is in hybrid mode with 2 days on-site.
- Configuration of Cisco switches and Fortinet firewalls based on templates or predefined configurations;
- Install, replace, or wire equipment;
- Set up, adjust, or modify firewall rules;
- Present and explain the different maintenance to the technical CAB;
- Investigate and correct malfunctions that may appear during maintenance;
- Work closely with other senior network designers, the operations team as well and the partner who helps define the architecture and design;
- Be responsible for switching and routing functionalities and develop their functionality and stability;
- Recommendation of replacement equipment which is at the end of its life;
- Implementation of documentation, and configuration standards;
- Analysis of the current situation from a networking point of view and make recommendations for improvements;
- Modification of the configuration of network components and modification of firewall rules;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a network administrator or network designer;
- Equivalent certifications: CCNP / CCDP / CCNP wireless / CCNP Security;
- Good knowledge of wireless networking and VoIP;
- Good knowledge of Cisco, Fortinet, for firewall, Switch, router;
- Very good knowledge of EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols;
- Good knowledge of Fortinet products;
- Good analytical and resolution skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to carry out projects within the set deadline;
- Leadership, autonomy, and team spirit;
- French and English bilingualism